The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

What did you use before the magical skunk brush existed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: What did you use before the magical skunk brush existed?   Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:40 pm

Just wondering, because everytime i hear someoen ask about how to apply foundation people go

OMG YOU -ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO BUY- THE MAC 187! IT'S TH EONLY GOOD WAY TO APPLY FOUNDATION, YOU LOOK PERFECT.

you all look perfectly fine before too so i ask- what didst thou use before the skunk/stippling/187/WHATEVER existed, and how?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: What did you use before the magical skunk brush existed?   Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:50 pm

I still long for the 187, but when I wear liquid foundation, I'll either use my angled foundation brush and start on my cheeks and blend out - then forehead, chin, nose; concealer, etc - or I'll just pump some in my hand, then a pump of moisturizer, and blend it all over with my hands. depending on the coverage I want, I add more or less of foundation or moisturizer.

lately though, I've been using just primer and powder, and I have the perfect coverage for summer. not too heavy, and virtually no touch ups. great for when its 90+ degrees out.

PostSubject: Re: What did you use before the magical skunk brush existed?   Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:58 pm

yeah i usually use my hands too, or my foundation bursh, in short strokes and blend blend bleeeennnd
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: What did you use before the magical skunk brush existed?   Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:03 pm

I just use my fingers, thats what I prefer. I really only want the 187 for highlighters and cream blushes anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
Beb82

Number of posts : 1175
Name : Sally
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: What did you use before the magical skunk brush existed?   Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:37 pm

I used to use my fingers. Now I use the MAC 168, I don't really like the 187 for foundation tbh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What did you use before the magical skunk brush existed?   Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:39 pm

what does the 168 look like?
Back to top Go down
Beb82

Number of posts : 1175
Name : Sally
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: What did you use before the magical skunk brush existed?   Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:41 pm

It's actually a contour brush Lil, I find the results better then the 187 (I do have it as well)... the results are smoother and it's easier to handle, the application is more controllable. I noticed on Leesha's vids that she uses it too, but a MAC MA actually recommended it to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What did you use before the magical skunk brush existed?   Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:43 pm

thanks Smile

i ask because im on the hunt for which brushes would be best to use Smile i'll just talk to all the peoples at the makeup counters tomorrow Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you use before the magical skunk brush existed?   Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:22 am

Ya, I'm a fingers lass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you use before the magical skunk brush existed?   Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:24 am

whee i know, how easy are they? and the warmth makes my foundation so easy to blend, i would just feel wierd using my fingers on someone elses face!

plus, my mum has been using the same sponge that came with ehr powder for MONTHS and its grossing me the hell out.
i want to get her a nice brush as a surprise so i cans top feeling sick and she can look less cakey Very Happy
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: What did you use before the magical skunk brush existed?   Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:20 am

I like the finish the 187 has, but it really isn't essential. Before that I mixed foundation, liquid illuminator and a dot of moisturiser and put it on with my hands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

PostSubject: Re: What did you use before the magical skunk brush existed?   Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:33 pm

I use the simple wedge makeup sponge. I just use new ones a lot (because they get groady).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: What did you use before the magical skunk brush existed?   Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:05 pm

On myself, a normal foundation brush is easiest. On others, I prefer a wedge sponge.

I've seen people get just as amazing results with a sponge or their fingers as I have with a 187. I think it's a bit of a 'have', everyone who thinks they're a MAC MA must absolutely positively own one! There's no such thing as a magic brush. It's all in the wrist action, bebe.

PS: That's not aimed at anyone, it's just an observation >.<

If your life had a face, I would punch it in the balls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ninibaby

Number of posts : 4220
Name : Stephanie
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: What did you use before the magical skunk brush existed?   Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:11 pm

well I used to use a sponge too but I find it soaks up all my product and gives me hardly anything and that's why I got a brush Razz

For me, it depends on the type of foundation. I like the 187 for more liquid/fluid foundations and the 190 for cream or just thicker liquid foundations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: What did you use before the magical skunk brush existed?   Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:31 pm

Yeah, it depends on how you use it, and the kind of sponge. Apparently mose that come out with cosmetics have really loose "cells" and are made to soak up shit loads of product Neutral

That's just conjecture, I've never heard any hard evidence on it, it's talk from MAs.

If you're good with a brush, sweet as. Some people do better with their fingers (not me, haha) or whatever.

If your life had a face, I would punch it in the balls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you use before the magical skunk brush existed?   

Back to top Go down

What did you use before the magical skunk brush existed?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1