The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

So I know I shouldn't, but...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: So I know I shouldn't, but...   Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:22 pm

I'm piercing my own septum, I'm getting actual piercing needles ( 14g) and I have sea salt to clean it up with, I've read over a couple things about it, and I know a few people who did theirs themselves, but if anyone can think of some advice, I'll gladly take it.

I know I might get bitched at for doing it myself!!!, butttt, I have no other choice and I want it VERY badly.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: So I know I shouldn't, but...   Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:42 pm

Ok well...putting aside my urge to shake you...

You have to make sure NOT to pierce the cartilage and actually pierce the little bit of skin in front of it. If you have a feel you'll see what I mean. And you should use a gauge no smaller than 14. Septums are usually done near the front, rather than centrally. I suggest doing a hell of a lot of research. You don't want to end up damaging your nose. And yeh you may know people that have done it...but it's very easy to mess up a piercing...accidents happen.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it anyway...you knew it was coming. You shouldn't do it. Can I ask why you are doing it yourself? The main reasons are usually that your parents won't let you or because you don't have enough money...I can't see what else would possess you to do it yourself, especially something like a septum. Your nose is right there on your face, for everyone to see...and if it's fucked up, everyone is giong to notice. Like that British TV Acress who lost hers...that pic is still vivid in my mind even though I was young when it happened.

I dunno...you might have a reason aside from those but either way...you're parents will be a lot angrier if you do it yourself behind their backs than go to a piercer...and if it's cost...however much it will cost to get it done would be a lot less than if you fucked up and needed medical help. It may be the fact you're underage? In which case I'd say wait...it will be a LOT more satisfying to be able to go and get it in a year or two. I dont know what the law is like there but when you're 16, if you have parental permission, you can get a piercing.

If you do want it that badly...you'd want it done properly.

I don't know...personally I don't see the point in telling you not to do it...you've got to live with the consquences, not us...I just think, personally, piercing your own anything is a nasty idea...but maybe something like ears are ok if you really have to...but a septum is quite tricky.

*shrugs*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://misskirsty.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: So I know I shouldn't, but...   Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:57 pm

Well, I do know someone who has a family member who does piercings professionally, and she knows a good bit about that stuff, so I'll talk to her about it, too.

Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: So I know I shouldn't, but...   Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:49 pm

I wouldn't do it cortney. Like our sexyful kiki said its quite a sorta...hard piercing? Not hard, but its not like your ears how u can just go POP! Like if you get bone your screwed...it could make your nose deformedish...ahhh...i'd be scared.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: So I know I shouldn't, but...   Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:06 pm

Yeah, I'm definitely re-thinking this. I just got told if you hit something wrong, it can paralyze part of your face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I know I shouldn't, but...   Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:07 pm

Also: I don't ACTUALLLYYY want to look like that in my sig. picture if it went terribly wrong!!! hahah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I know I shouldn't, but...   Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:33 pm

Heheehe.
Yeah.... DO NOT DO IT YOURSELF! That's scaryy. I mean, it's not like you can really see what you're doing, and it could go crooked or something, or you can scream out in pain and do something bad.... or you could paralyse half your face!

How come you're wanting to do it yourself anyhow?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: So I know I shouldn't, but...   Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:44 pm

mhm! all that jazz n what they dunn sedd!

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian

PostSubject: Re: So I know I shouldn't, but...   Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:08 am

aye. listen to kiki..she speaketh the truth. smart girly.

however, if your hell bent on doing it yourself (i''d be a hypocrite if i picked you up and shook you..cause i do some of my own ear piercings for fun..) then yeh, research a hell of alot..till information is bleeding out of your ears....on bme and other piercing forums you can find..and ask advice of any piercers and medical professionals you know. and have a friend there who can rush you to hospital should it all go tits up (preferably one with medical training).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: So I know I shouldn't, but...   Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:34 pm

well done on saying you are rethinking. smart idea.

as i have asked before and others have, what is your reason for not going to a piercer?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I know I shouldn't, but...   Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:52 pm

There's a few reasons, parents, really only my dad, and the costs.

Maybe I'll talk my mom into taking me before my dad comes back, she understands it, and sees how I could hide it, so she semi agrees with it.

Maybe she'll come around. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

PostSubject: Re: So I know I shouldn't, but...   Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:58 pm

The way my parents worked was "You can do anything to your body that you want as soon as you're old enough to get it yourself, and have a job to pay for it yourself."

I see MANY teenagers around here with HORRIBLE piercings gone wrong because they do them at home. You DO NOT want to look like that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: So I know I shouldn't, but...   Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:01 pm

K well...yeh if your dad won't let you have it, doing it yourself will definately make him go insane. Not only will you have the piercing that he disagrees with...you'll have gone against his trust and thats really bad.
If he really wont let you and your mum won't, then wait til you can you youself..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I know I shouldn't, but...   

Back to top Go down

So I know I shouldn't, but...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Glam Yourself Up! :: Body Modifications-
Jump to: