The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Most Versatile Converse?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Most Versatile Converse?   Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:55 pm

hey girlies,

im thinking about buying a pair of converse hi tops tomorrow but not sure which colour to go for.

i'll be wearing them with a (blue) denim skirt and black opaques mostly, probably with a black/white/band tee. (i'm a bright acessories kinda girl. also note that i don't actually own any skirts so this is my way of breaking myself in!)

i was thinking either plain black or white since they're most likely to go with anything. but, black is kinda dull and white might be a bit too bright next to black tights and easily marked in winter? confused2

alsooo, do they make your feet look huge? are the comfy? and how does the sizing come up (this is really to uk girlies who have them)

orr, does anybody have any alternative suggestions? would that even go? :/!!

i tried saving some of my clothes inspiration if that helps! -
hurr
and hurrr

thanks for any advice - i kinda suck with fashion!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Most Versatile Converse?   Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:17 pm

i love your style!

your best option is black. i have black and they go with everything! also, if you think plain black are too dull, try some coloured laces.

they do make your feet look a bit bigger, eps. when you have big feet in the first place (size 9/10) but they're super comfortable.

hope that helped something. :]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar
Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Most Versatile Converse?   Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:20 pm

black is a bit dull but its the most versitile and easiest to wear. they go with everything that way. white would be quite good but black is easier to wear.

i dunno how "paranoid" you'd be about it but if plain black would be too dull, theres ones with different coloured bits on. like my black ones have pink detailing and i personally just wear them with anything but if youd be wearing another colour and having that detail would annoy you...thats out Razz

id just wear a general outfit youd wear when you go shopping.

sizing - fine. i wear a six, my cons are a six. its all good.
they are ridiculously comfortable and yes they make your feet look huge. i never personally wear them with super skinny jeans altho they do look good with skirts. i dunno...its all about you personally me thinks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Most Versatile Converse?   Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:23 pm

If you're worried about them making your feet bigger, try and find some with black rubber instead of white. I have some like that and they make my feet look tiny in comparison to the white rubber ones!

I think you should go with the black. I've seen black with hot pink piping so that would be good.. And like Alexa said, you can get a bunch of different coloured laces if you want them to match with other stuff you're wearing or just to brighten them up.

And don't worry, I suck with fashion too. Online I save the most adorable and gorgeous clothing pictures, but when it comes to actually shopping for stuff I end up with clothes that are far too.. safe, if you get me. Casual plain stuff.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Most Versatile Converse?   Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:38 pm

I never found mine that comfortable, personally. But i live in skate trainers soooo... yah.

But I LOVE them in white, they look cute when they get a bit dusty and dirty IMO.

I'd say, for you, get black and/or white, and either draw on them (SHOE CUSTOMIZING!!) or buy different coloured laces, so you have something truly unique that will got with all your clothes.

alternatively, of course, you could always go for some Vans Classics or even Vans high tops. they're super cute and have that edgey sceney street nu-rave look which alot of those photos kinda look like they have, you know?

PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Most Versatile Converse?   Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:01 pm

if you have time, you could always go to converse.com and personalize a pair. I prefer black, because...I have long, thin feet - so wearing them dont make my feet look any bigger than what they already are. mine were low tops, and went with absolutely everything. mum hated me wearing them all the time, but they work with every outfit, no matter what youre wearing. Puffy is STILL trying to buy those x-hi tops, but hey - to each their own!

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Most Versatile Converse?   Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:41 am

Yehh Puffy you're right, the low tops do go with everything. I mean, I've never been a fan of high tops with skirts, but everyone's different. I think either design your own pair or try on a tonne would be the best idea.

abercrombie

PostSubject: Re: Most Versatile Converse?   Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:29 pm

oh wow thanks ladies!

alexa - thank you! greaaat idea about the laces - i totally never thought of that!

keeks - ta! i hate trying on shoes so if they're true to size that helps loads.

soraya - good tip about the black soles, will deffo try and hunt for those! i totally know what you mean about the casual clothes thing - i can never find anything 'dressy' or fashion forward, i almost have a uniform programmed into me where i just go 'oooo!' at white tee's with patterns!

hana - nu-rave! lol! i've never ever been described as having a 'style' before - it's always 'Ava, you just do your own thing....' (diplomatic way of saying i dress weird, no!? :p). i love the customising idea though, i might sketch something later ... translation: browse etsy and steal someones ideas!

puffy - i love the x-hi tops! they look so cute folded down. hope you manage to buy a pair, i bet you'd rock them!

okayy, so i had a look in Schuh today and although i'm still liking converse, i don't quite love them yet if you see what i mean?
i almost feel like im forcing myself to fit into a scene or something?

ANYWAYS!

while browsing i saw these -

http://www.schuhstore.co.uk/images/product/1402966020_exlg.jpg

and totally fell in love, the thing is they're 70 which is way steep and they only do them in chocolate brown and not black.
any opinions on them anyway?

as you can probably tell i'm so confused!
i've never had to try and work out an outfit with a skirt before. i'm just really worried that i'll look dumb.
below my knees my legs are quite nice - toned and slim. but i have quite chunky thighs and only take a 30" length so i don't wanna look like i have stumpy legs.

argh!!

what do i dooo?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GinaELIZABETH

Number of posts : 3116
Name : Gina
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Most Versatile Converse?   Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:48 pm

I vote plain black converse. Just the classic. High tops are always good too, cause they can be folded down, like Puffy said, and still look super cute. Also, with the plain black ones, you can match them with anything! Dress it up or down, depending. Have some cool colored (or printed) laces that you can change in depending on your outfit...! They always look cute with skirts... and...

GO FOR IT! They're worth it.

AND super duper extra comfy. I looove mine, now that I broke them in. They fit my feet PERFECTLY.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/onebyonexo
Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Most Versatile Converse?   Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:08 pm

if you arent sure...why not get a cheap pair of fake converse style shoes from like new look or something and try those? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
Bianca

Number of posts : 625
Name : Bianca
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Most Versatile Converse?   Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:57 pm

I have white ones and absolutely love them, i was a bit worried at first about them making my feet look big but im only a size 3 so that wasnt really an issue with me. Iv worn em with skirts, summer dresses, skinny jeans, and once or twice with black tights, i felt a bit unsure about wearing em with tights but then i thought "nah who cares" and after a bit i thought it looked quite cool. Its not so bad once you've had em a bit and their not so bright.
I also like the white ones cause iv noticed not many other people wear white ones, and im always quite chuffed when i see other people wearing em haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.biancapol.blogspot.com
abercrombie

PostSubject: Re: Most Versatile Converse?   Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:12 pm

Kiki wrote:
if you arent sure...why not get a cheap pair of fake converse style shoes from like new look or something and try those? Razz

best. idea. ever!!!! Very Happy woop

bianca - i love the white ones! i have serious shoe-envy when i see people wearing them. and they do look lovely with summer dresses - kinda indie meets dr. who or summit?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Versatile Converse?   

Back to top Go down

Most Versatile Converse?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Fashion Gossip :: Advice & Questions-
Jump to: