The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Eyebrows!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bianca

Number of posts : 625
Name : Bianca
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Eyebrows!   Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:52 pm

Right-O
i just wanted to ask if anyone has/gets their eyebrows waxed, like at a proper salon. I never really thought about my eyebrows, i used to quite like them, but i noticed on a photo my friend took on a night out a few months ago that they looked like they could do with tidying up. and once you notice something once, it bugs you for ages afterwards.
So would getting them done properly really change the shape of them? i still want them to look natural, i dont want really over done brows. I wouldnt touch them myself, i havent even ever attempted plucking cause i know it'd be a disaster haha.
so, tell me your eyebrow stories!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.biancapol.blogspot.com
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Eyebrows!   Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:08 pm

going to a salon would be a good idea - just make sure they only get your strays, and maybe ask if they can shape them and give you a slight arch.

ever since mum took a razor to my brows and gave me razor burn and made them too thin, I do my own. I use a brow razor and get my general shape, and I pluck wherever I need to. after your brows are done at the salon, it'll be easier to keep up with them on your own - trust me!

PostSubject: Re: Eyebrows!   Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:56 pm

I used to get them waxed. Now I get them waxed if I feel like they're losing shape... but I haven't done that in about a year.

I recommend getting them waxed, because then you can just pluck all the little hairs that come back up without ruining your shape or anything.
Just tell them the sorta thing that you want. Like just say, not too thin, natural arch etc etc. Make sure they know what you want cos otherwise they just go and do whatever they think is cool, and mostly they do really thin eyebrows from my experience.
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Eyebrows!   Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:59 pm

I've always plucked mine fairly skinny and now that I want them a bit fuller they're not growing in (much)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Eyebrows!   Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:02 pm

yeahhh, they'll make your brows thin as hell. I like mine to be nice and natural, with a slight arch, so they're mostly straight. straight brows are best for round faces! I was considering getting them waxed for a long time, but memories of mum doing my brows came into my mind, so I decided to practice on my own! just remember to be REALLY specific! :]

PostSubject: Re: Eyebrows!   Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:16 am

what ever you do don't touch the top of your brows if you want them to stay lookin' natural. just take away the hairs that grow at slightly strange angles and get a little bit of an arch and
wow you have fantastic natural eyebrows that people envy!!!!!!!

sam = ]

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eyebrows!   

Back to top Go down

Eyebrows!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Glam Yourself Up! :: Makeup & Beauty-
Jump to: